November 22, 2003

contemplation/square

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at November 22, 2003 1:15 PM A friend of mine used to say that I could consider myself an old geezer once I turned 25. Now that I'm here, I'd like to say: Damn kids! Get off my lawn!

Further contributing to my geezerhood is that this is the last time my parents' ages will be an integer multiple of mine. As a corollary, when they were my age they were already hauling some obnoxious screaming baby around. I'm starting to get the impression that they feel I'm behind schedule. Well, I'll consider it as soon as the ban on human cloning research is lifted. Hard to improve on perfection, you know?

Anyway, as productive as all this navel gazing is, I'm going to go back to watching[*] Cal implement their innovative Big Game strategy consisting of just giving the ball to Stanford. Update: Happily, the Bears abandoned this strategy in the second half.

[*] On TV; while I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford Stadium does have wireless internet, the tickets were too expensive. Tags:
Comments

Happy Birthday!

Two important birthday notes:

1) Now that you're 25 and I'm 21, I say it's IMPERATIVE we do a Las Vegas road trip ASAP

2) Should the kids, as well, "get out of your damn bushes"?

Posted by: El Testiculo | November 22, 2003 2:52 PM

Re: Happy Birthday!

1) I agree.

2) You know better than to get me started about the damn Bushes.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | November 23, 2003 2:23 PM

Uh, not so fast with the Vegas plans guys. At least not on my dime.

Posted by: Jeremiah Spur | November 23, 2003 4:26 PM

Almost forgot- happy birthday. We will celebrate it when you get home. And Congrats on the Bears' big win.

Posted by: Jeremiah Spur | November 23, 2003 4:28 PM

Not to worry. The trip will more than pay for itself in blackjack winnings.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | November 23, 2003 5:06 PM

Hey Happy Birthday, Travis!

"Further contributing to my geezerhood is that this is the last time my parents' ages will be an integer multiple of mine."

That sentence alone proves your geezerhood, my friend....

You guys DEFINITELY need to hit Vegas. It's too much fun. But I'm a poker girl, myself. Blackjack has never done it for me. I love the BLUFFING :)

Posted by: Tracy Manford | November 24, 2003 7:54 AM

Though a bit late, Happy Birthday anyways :) Oh, and I felt like a geezer too at 25, so you're not alone.

-Z

Posted by: Anonymous | November 25, 2003 4:07 PM

and i entirely forgot to taunt you for being only two years older than me. (greatest-integer-function-wise, anyway).

Posted by: Anonymous | November 28, 2003 11:20 AM