February 16, 2004

What day is it?

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at February 16, 2004 12:06 PM

The new quote will be instantly recognizable to some of you, but nevertheless it is Difficulty: Obscure; 3 points.

I'm back from a pretty good Festival of Solitude, followed by a gaming day in Santa Cruz. For Saturday's activities I did indeed manage to see Kill Bill vol. 1, which I followed up with a steak dinner and Gladiator. The latter film, while sufficiently violent, did not quite seem nihilistic enough for this holiday.

Go Zorak :) I'm a Brak fan, myself...love it when he sings...

Posted by: Tracy | February 16, 2004 1:19 PM

I was thinking of renting Evil Dead on Saturday (as I've only seen Army of Darkness), but apathy reigned and I just did work instead.

On another note, have I mentioned lately how much I hate the Yankees? God-fucking-damnit!

Posted by: Mason Porter | February 16, 2004 5:03 PM

Tracy: Damn! Eventually I'm going to post a quote that you don't identify within 15 seconds.

I'm far more fond of Zorak, but Brak does have his moments (most of them musical).

Mason: Truly, the Yankees represent all that is evil in this world.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | February 16, 2004 5:42 PM

Oh yeah: for anyone wondering about the quote, it comes from a Cartoon Planet sketch involving Zorak, the praying mantis/retired galactic supervillain.

Space Ghost: Here's a wonderful nugget of joy from Zorak.

Zorak: It was difficult growing up as a young mantis. Besides all the normal challenges of childhood, there was always the threat of getting devoured. Someone would ask 'Hey, where's that kid who sits next to you in biology?' 'Oh, her?' I'd answer. 'She got devoured.' With all the devouring going on we couldn't even get up a decent kickball game at recess! You'd pick someone to be on your team and BOOM! 'Hey, where's my left fielder?' 'Oh, he got devoured.' Luckily, I had a buddy to watch my back. His name was Clovar. We looked out for each other! Yeah! But then one day I forgot my lunch money and, uhhh, well, anyway, that was it for Clovar. Huhhh. With such a bogus childhood, is it any wonder that I'm evil? Ha ha ha hah! Mwaahaahaahaahaahaa!

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | February 16, 2004 6:08 PM

Well Travis, I'm just. That. Good.

It's hard being fabulous, but it's the life that I was destined to lead.

Besides, it's not my fault that all of the things you're quoting are favorites of my family...Lindsay, Price and I are nuts for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast!!!

Posted by: Tracy | February 17, 2004 6:22 AM

How 'bout this one? This may be too easy, but I can't resist!

"If you're not going to do it for me, at least do it for my suits!"

Posted by: Vanessa | February 18, 2004 2:28 PM

You got me with that one, Vanessa. Unless it's from Payback.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | February 19, 2004 11:23 AM

While I resent the implication that I would willingly sit through a movie with Ben Afleck in it- Nope. It's Red Dwarf, Cat to Lister.
Please tell me you've seen those, else we're going to have to fix that this summer.

Posted by: Vanessa | February 22, 2004 12:09 PM

Not only is Ben Affleck not in Payback, both Maria Bello and Lucy Liu are. So there.

I must confess that I have never seen Red Dwarf. Also that I have some of Nick's Red Dwarf tapes, but have never watched them, nor did I manage to return them with his VCR. But I am open to being educated on the subject.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | February 22, 2004 1:05 PM

My bad, I'm thinking of Paycheck.
As to the rest of that:
not returning the VCR ->Hahahahahaha!
Having the tapes and not watching them-> *shakes head in sorrow*
Yes, you will have to be educated. The first 4 dvds are out- in case you never get to the tapes, maybe we'll help you out.

Posted by: Vanessa | February 23, 2004 6:28 AM