April 4, 2004

What? It's Monday already?

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at April 4, 2004 11:56 PM

Damn daylight savings time stole an hour of my weekend. Why don't we "spring forward" at, say, 4 pm Friday? Someone should look into this.

Last week's quote was, of course, from the 1985 film Real Genius, as all you "Pacific Tech" alums should have recognized instantly. The new quote is Difficulty: Formidable (4 points).

Tags:
Comments

Hmm, this one has me stumped. And now curiousity as to what it's from sets in. :) Unfortunately my usual source isn't bringing up any possible matches, which leads me to ponder what type of quotes are hard to google for. I'd bet movie quotes are the easiest and book quotes are the hardest (depending on how popular/old the book is).

Posted by: Zifnab | April 6, 2004 2:33 PM

Yeah, this quote seems to have been more difficult that I expected. Maybe I should have assigned it a higher difficulty? Nah, I know that some of my readers have encountered the quote before.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | April 6, 2004 2:54 PM

I've given up...I still want to know what the quote is that you chose not to use!

Grrrrr

Posted by: Tracy | April 6, 2004 3:06 PM

Don't worry; its moment will come.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | April 6, 2004 3:53 PM

I'm thinking it's from a book- that's about as far as I get right now =p

(C.S Freidman?)

Posted by: Vanessa | April 7, 2004 6:43 AM

I won't confirm or deny that it's from a book, but it's not C.S. Friedman. (Great author, though!)

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | April 7, 2004 9:32 AM

My bet is also on a book, but it doesn't feel familiar so i'm having trouble knowing where to start. :) Hmm... must refine my internet search techniques...

Oh yeah, have you read any Lois McMaster Bujold?

Posted by: Zifnab | April 7, 2004 5:54 PM

No, I haven't. Should I add one of her books to The Pile? It's looking a bit diminished lately, in no small part because I just pulled Quicksilver out.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | April 7, 2004 7:04 PM

Speaking of C.S. Friedman,

My roomate has been playing Xenogears the other day and I found myself idly comparing and contrasting the respective religious themes and otherworldly sci-fi and fantasy settings of Xenogears and the Coldfire trilogy.

It was a long and twisted journey, which I feel would be more rewarding to take on your own than for me to explain it. It was close enough to working that I was on to something, and yet far enough from working that I was quite possibly on drugs.

Posted by: Joshua Hime | April 10, 2004 10:35 AM