May 17, 2004

Dusting off the keyboard

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at May 17, 2004 7:32 PM

Where have I been lately? As it happens, any single one of Ninja Gaiden, Angel on DVD, or Quicksilver is addictive, but the three in combination is highly dangerous. It's a wonder I've been making it to lab at all. On the other hand, I dreamed last night that I was debating Abu Ghraib with several people who read this page (though the debate was in person), which I take as a clear sign that I need to return to blogging.

Anyway, last week's quote was from The Big Lebowski; I'm rating this week's Moderate (2 points) though it may be more like 1.5.

Have you been reading my blog? It's deja vu!!

Blessed are the cheesemakers!"

Posted by: Tracy | May 18, 2004 7:16 AM

Yeah, I remember it was in your sidebar recently. I wanted to quote it in honor of the theatrical re-release...

What's so special about the cheesemakers?

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 18, 2004 9:59 AM

The Confusion was even better than Quicksilver. I'd like to say why but it's possibly a spoiler, so i'll leave it at that. :)

Posted by: Zifnab | May 18, 2004 8:05 PM

I found it rather tantalizing to read Eliza's report that Louis XIV had a copy of l'Emmerdeur in Barbary, as he therefore gets to find out what happens to Jack. That may be the deciding factor in whether I move on to The Confusion immediately (as opposed to something else in The Pile).

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 18, 2004 9:58 PM

Well... *semi-spoiler warning now*

If the decision is based on whether or not Jack is in The Confusion, you will find out in the prefix(?) to the book, that it actually is two books whose chapters have been interspersed so as to be somewhat chronologically accurate (and it'd be a pain to read them each alone, not to mention, Confusing ^^). In any case, one book follows Jack, the other, Eliza.

Ok, correction: It's the author's note at the beginning and he doesn't exactly state the division, however the first chapter makes it apparent. ^^

Posted by: Zifnab | May 20, 2004 1:52 AM