May 4, 2004

Inflation

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at May 4, 2004 7:33 PM

Blondie's Pizza has hiked the price of the pepperoni special* by fifty cents. I suspect this is evidence of a profound economic trend which I am not sufficiently trained to identify. I believe this brings the price of this particular combination** to the same level as at the other Telegraph Ave. pizza joints***. Someone should track the prices at Greg's and Fat Slice to see if similar increases occur.

Since a similar price hike does not**** appear to have been applied to the pizza sans soda, this may be a good opportunity to reduce my soda consumption.

*i.e. a slice of pepperoni and a 16 oz tap soda

**About which it is no longer clear that there is anything "special".

***La Val's is cheaper, but this is because their pizza tastes like cardboard dipped in axle grease.

****Yet.

Tags:
Comments

I have an idea *****, but you may not be able to take it ******. Good luck *******

***** try cooking!
******without the microwave!
******* =p

Posted by: Vanessa | May 4, 2004 7:55 PM

Har har. You'd be surprised how often I cook (yes, on the stovetop). However, the Blondie's pepperoni special, at $3.25, was a prime source of quarters for laundry.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 4, 2004 10:38 PM

Buh? I like La Val's! But hey, maybe the atmosphere just makes it taste better...

Posted by: Lemming | May 6, 2004 1:34 AM

I will allow the possibility that southside La Val's isn't as bad as northside La Val's, since I've only tried the latter. Certainly the La Burrita burrito is slightly different depending on which side of the campus it is prepared. I leave the experiment to some intrepid reader.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 6, 2004 7:48 AM

I demand proof of this cooking!! Good luck finding a cheap/good place. Between this and Jack in the Box, I fear for you.
Or go for cutting back on the soda, it's surprisingly effective.

Posted by: Vanessa | May 6, 2004 8:19 AM

I could post a photo of my stovetop, which, having not been cleaned in some time, shows ample evidence of frequent use. But that would be gross, so I won't.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 6, 2004 9:38 AM

I can attest that Gazebo did in fact cook a meal at least once in my presence while we were visiting his place. It was also quite good, though i'm not sure many of those present could handle the spiciness. ^^ (Speaking of which, I seem to recall getting that recipe from you, but now can't find it. Hmm... Maybe i'm going crazy.)

Posted by: ZIfnab | May 6, 2004 5:42 PM