May 24, 2004

Vanity Post #2

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at May 24, 2004 1:48 PM

At Unfogged, Ogged considers the disadvantages of bloggers posting pictures of themselves. Of course, most of my readers know me personally, and therefore have no illusions about what I look like. This is convenient, because it allows me to post the following query: It was recently suggested* that I resemble Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now. Having never seen said movie myself**, I have no way to verify this claim other than to ask you guys (in nifty poll format):

For reference***:

Arcane GazeboMartin Sheen

*By some dude in a bar, so I'm skeptical.

**It's been on my list of "movies I really ought to see" for a while.

***I promise not to post any more pictures of myself unless absolutely necessary.

Tags:
Comments

Where's the option for "I'm a lamer so i've not seen Apocalypse Now either?" I didn't see it so I chose no, based on the pictures. ^^

Posted by: Zifnab | May 24, 2004 2:38 PM

Uhhhh....Travis, that picture of you looks nothing like you...

Having said that, I've never actually thought of the similarity, but I guess I can see it, a little...

Posted by: Tracy | May 24, 2004 3:13 PM

I find that pictures of me very rarely look like me (or, more accurately, they very rarely look like how I imagine myself to look).

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 24, 2004 3:31 PM

Now the question is this: How do you imagine yourself to look?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 24, 2004 4:46 PM

Given your reaction to the picture I posted, I've been wondering how you imagine me to look. :)

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 24, 2004 5:41 PM

Mmmm don't think so, mister, I asked first!

Posted by: Tracy | May 24, 2004 7:56 PM

So if you're Martin Sheen and I'm Russell Crowe...

Where's our multi-million dollar checks?

Posted by: Joshua Hime | May 25, 2004 12:12 PM

It's all in the thick straight hair.

I like that last comment. Hopefully, when those multi-millions arrive you will take wonderful care of your parents who gave you those good looks.

By the way, have you thought about taking a picture using Martin's facial expression?

Posted by: mama-san | May 26, 2004 9:29 AM

Don't hold your breath. The record pretty clearly shows that I am utterly incapable of capitalizing on any good looks that I may or may not possess.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 26, 2004 1:40 PM

Your problem is that you overthink everything. I wonder what you're like when you're intoxicated...Josh? Any insight?

Posted by: Tracy | May 27, 2004 10:07 AM

That is so not my problem. You believe I overthink everything, and therefore assume it's problematic for me, but I defy you to name a single example of this. :)

My actual problems are pretty well understood: shyness and a lack of conversational skills. When I drink, these things are amplified, the result being that I get quieter when intoxicated.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 27, 2004 11:41 AM

You're never lacking for conversation on the internet, Travis...

Take heart!

Posted by: Tracy | May 27, 2004 2:15 PM

I try to take heart, but I have trouble getting through the ribcage. Maybe I should carry a surgical saw.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 27, 2004 2:30 PM