September 22, 2004

The word "Wookie" has been changed to "hair challenged animal".

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at September 22, 2004 3:13 PM

This is the Star Wars on DVD thread. I am paralyzed with indecision on whether to buy it.

Pro: It's Star Wars! On DVD!

Con: But Lucas fucked with it again!

Pro: But the changes are small!

Con: But what if there's another release later with the original versions?

Pro: Not gonna happen. Meanwhile, you deprive yourself of all those great Star Wars moments that remain untouched. "Chewie, take the Professor in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive."

Con: I never thought about how dirty that quote sounds out of context before.

Pro: Eww.

Con: Also, Ewoks!

My vote is pretty much neutral on this one, sorry. You could take the option that says, maybe you should buy it now before he messes up even more of it?

Posted by: Zifnab | September 22, 2004 3:51 PM

Given the history of the franchise, that's a stunningly good argument. Also, happy birthday! (Damn, we're getting old...)

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | September 22, 2004 4:08 PM

I'm so sick of this whole thing. I'm going to buy the damn box set, I know I am. I can't resist Han Solo, I've never been able to resist a good John Williams' score, and DAMN if I don't love that asteroid scene!

But I'm STILL pissed at Lucas. I'm clutching my original edition VHS tapes to my chest in fear of Lucas Droids bursting in my door to wrest them from me. yelling "No! It's not the perfect version! Greedo shot first! He shot fiiiiiiiiirst!"

Posted by: Tracy | September 22, 2004 6:40 PM

That comment is kind of interesting out of context.

Also, you think you're getting old. I've got three years on you, bucko!

Posted by: Mason | September 25, 2004 8:30 PM

Apparently they took out Greedo shooting first in the DVDs, so there's a plus.

Posted by: Josh | September 28, 2004 5:44 AM