November 24, 2004

Cribs

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at November 24, 2004 12:34 AM

Since I'll be travelling all day today, and therefore not blogging, I'm posting some filler. Back in August when I moved, pictures of my new place were requested, but I never came through with them because the place was not clean enough to be photographed. Until now! Click below for a glimpse at the exciting Gazebo lifestyle.

As usual, images appear in pop-up windows so you may need to adjust your browser.

Just to get oriented, here's where I live relative to some important landmarks.

The satellite view, zoomed in. My unit is on the first floor, on the north side of the courtyard near the east corner.

Coming through the front door, the bedroom is on the left. That window looks out onto the courtyard.

Turning right from the front door, one sees the rest of it.

Some close-ups:

Also, there's a kitchen and a patio.

That's pretty much it. Exciting! Well, now that it's clean I can invite people to visit and see it in person.

Tags:
Comments

Awesome, from the looks of it, that's easy walking distance for me from Berkeley BART. I'll have to drop in on you at some point if I'm up.

Posted by: Lemming | November 24, 2004 2:18 AM

Hmmm... Tim's comment reminds me: It would really be nice if I actually lived in a place worth visiting. None of my friends are going to drop in while I remain in Atlanta.

Posted by: Mason | November 24, 2004 3:21 PM

Funny, Mason, if I was visiting my home any time in the near future, i'd certainly try to drop by Atlanta, as I like the city and you're there too. ;)

Posted by: Zifnab | November 24, 2004 4:47 PM

Lots of books and plants, very nice! :)

I've always loved Atlanta, but then again, I've had nothing but good experiences there. I guess it's a frame of reference kind of thing.

Posted by: Tracy | November 24, 2004 5:19 PM

Joe, I'll take you up on your offer! Although I won't be here for much longer... (My job expires at the end of spring semester and while it is technically possible that I will stay here for tenure track---any opinions about the city notwithstanding---it is highly unlikely. There are members of the faculty who want me to stay on, but the bar is always higher (and for GT, explicitly much higher, by recent orders of our department head) for hiring one's own postdocs.

Just let me know when you'll be in the area, and if it's before I leave town, it would be great for you to drop by!

Posted by: Mason | November 25, 2004 12:48 PM

Will do - the disclaimer about if I visit my family is likely to apply though, as I don't get much opportunity to head home to visit, and likely won't get to this christmas. :/ So it's pretty unlikely i'll be out there before spring semester ends.

Posted by: Zifnab | November 26, 2004 2:36 PM

I'll be here during the whole winter break, so let me know if it works out.

Posted by: Mason | November 26, 2004 3:36 PM