December 15, 2004

Blog and run

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at December 15, 2004 7:52 PM

I'm taking a few minutes from wrapping up in lab to encourage you all to go read this excellent post at Preposterous Universe on the argument from design.

Tags:
Comments

The argument aside, that guy sounds ridiculously pompous and very pleased with himself. I think he'd actually fit in very well with Christian fundamentalists if they they were unaware of each other's personal beliefs.

Posted by: Tracy | December 16, 2004 10:14 AM

I didn't get that impression myself, but maybe it's because I agree with him. Fortunately, he is unlike religious fundamentalists in the most critical sense that he doesn't want to use government regulation to impose his beliefs on others.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | December 16, 2004 11:51 PM

That is a valid point. However I get the opinion that while he doesn't want to use the government to impose his beliefs on others, he doesn't really seem to respect any opinion other than his own, which is where I saw the similarity between the two parties.

Posted by: Tracy | December 17, 2004 1:44 PM

I meant to say "I get the feeling", not "I get the opinion". It's Friday and my brain is fried.

Posted by: Tracy | December 17, 2004 1:46 PM

I also really meant to say that I don't think he respects other people's rights to differing opinions, not the opinions themselves. I really should preview these comments before I post them. Feel free to merge all of this into one comment if you want.

Posted by: Tracy | December 17, 2004 1:47 PM

In that case, you might (or might not) be interested to compare with his more recent post on conservatives in academia.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | December 17, 2004 3:28 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's a good post. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Posted by: Tracy | December 17, 2004 4:54 PM