July 28, 2005

Friday Frivolity: Photo Poll

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at July 28, 2005 9:57 PM

It was suggested in the open thread that I update the photo of me that's at the top of the sidebar. In the interest of democracy promotion, I am conducting a poll. Here are three recent photos of me that could potentially replace it:

Photo 1
This is from my yet-to-be-uploaded Italy photoset, taken in Florence.

Pro: Exotic location!
Con: Lighting is all weird since I was almost directly in front of the sun, and the photo was subjected to clumsy digital processing so that I wasn't just a big shadow.

Photo 2
Phi took this photo back in January.

Pro: One of the better recent photos of me.
Con: Friendly demeanor may seem out-of-place next to my more virulent posts on topics like religion.

Photo 3
I was struck with inspiration a few months back and generated this based on a classic piece of Soviet propaganda.

Pro: Eyecatching!
Con: Confirms my conservative readers' worst suspicions.

Your thoughts?

(If you're not seeing the poll, you may need to turn Javascript on.)

Tags:
Comments

Photo 3 is a clear winner.

Posted by: Mason | July 28, 2005 10:34 PM

I actually like photo 1 because it has a quietly mysterious feel to it. Along with the allure of the European setting.

Posted by: Dad | July 29, 2005 4:08 AM

Photo 1 is an attractive photo. However, #3 is much more in the spirit of the blog.

Posted by: Wren | July 29, 2005 2:14 PM

Not revealing which I voted for, I think you should use #1, #2 or the current photo. Or multiple! Maybe it should just pick a random one out of the set whenever the page loads. That'd be cool. :)

Posted by: Zifnab | July 29, 2005 3:20 PM

I was pondering exactly that sort of random selection last night, although it didn't make it into a poll option. It would allow me to use some sillier images while keeping the better-looking actual photos.

On the other hand, dare I ignore the will of the people? They might throw off their chains and rise up against my capitalist oppression if I don't use #3. Good thing it's not October yet.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | July 29, 2005 4:22 PM

I demand a recount.

Posted by: Dad | July 29, 2005 5:00 PM

I think you should listen to your dad, who appears to be a pretty smart guy.

Posted by: MG | July 29, 2005 9:14 PM

Nyet on the recount. :)

Posted by: Mason | July 29, 2005 11:16 PM

Oh yes, I just received the following message from Friend Computer:

Arcane-G-ZBO-4: Please report for termination immediately. Find enclosed "Why I am a Commie Mutant Traitor" form. Please check all boxes that apply and have ready upon reporting for termination.

Posted by: Zifnab | July 30, 2005 5:12 AM

I do find it intriguing that this groundswell of support for #1 is not reflected in the vote counts. Perhaps the Florence Faction just needs a better GOTV effort?

Zifnab: I was merely covering the walls with these red posters so that the corridor would be in my clearance!

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | July 30, 2005 11:22 AM

You already had green clearance, citizen, why would you need to post red posters in a yellow corridor? Please report for termination, and note your new clone is red clearance.

;)