July 1, 2005

Out of the loop [Open Thread]

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at July 1, 2005 10:39 PM

Seems like time for a fresh open thread. I haven't been reading any of my usual blogs this week—what have I been missing?

Tags:
Comments

Well, in terms of newsworthy matters, I trust this won't come as too much of a shock, but... the Fed raised interest rates a quarter of a point on Thursday.

Posted by: Dad | July 2, 2005 4:48 AM

I have a new boyfriend! His name is Brian!!!

Posted by: kitkat | July 2, 2005 7:00 AM

UCB has announced that they will be providing more parking for employees who regularly ride the BART, in the case of a BART strike. I'm wondering from where it will come--the footballs fields? They're also encouraging using FlexTime "to avoid commute hours."

Posted by: Wren | July 2, 2005 8:12 AM

News... my baseball team has actually won 2 games in a row, which seems like a minor miracle these days.

Locally, I figured out the movers missed out on 1 of my small boxes. And which items did I realize were not present, you ask (or you don't but I'm asking rhetorically)? My kooshes, of course! (I suspect a few CDs and maybe a D & D novel or rulebook were also in there, but I can't figure out what else I'm missing. It shows how much I needed that stuff, but I wonder if I'm going to want to use it at some isolated pointed in 15 months and then maybe it will occur to me which specific items didn't quite make it here.)

As you can tell, I've been paying careful attention to actual events going on around me. :)

Posted by: Mason | July 2, 2005 9:57 AM

Laura: Yes! I'm glad that's working out for you. I may have to study your socializing technique... :)

Wren: I did get an e-mail from UCB about the impending BART strike. I do hope that they hold off long enough for me to get home from the airport on Friday.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | July 2, 2005 1:47 PM