August 30, 2005

Divine wrath, illustrated with cloud pictures

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at August 30, 2005 5:47 PM

Via Pandagon: I pretty much expected something like this, although I had no idea it would be so over-the-top crazy:

The image of the hurricane above with its eye already ashore at 12:32 PM Monday, August 29 looks like a fetus (unborn human baby) facing to the left (west) in the womb, in the early weeks of gestation (approx. 6 weeks). Even the orange color of the image is reminiscent of a commonly used pro-life picture of early prenatal development (see sign with picture of 8-week pre-born human child below). In this picture, and in another picture in today's on-line edition of USA Today*, this hurricane looks like an unborn human child.

Louisiana has 10 child-murder-by-abortion centers - FIVE are in New Orleans
www.ldi.org ('Find an Abortion Clinic [sic]')

Baby-murder state # 1 - California (125 abortion centers) - land of earthquakes, forest fires, and mudslides
Baby-murder state # 2 - New York (78 abortion centers) - 9-11 Ground Zero
Baby-murder state # 3 - Florida (73 abortion centers) - Hurricanes Bonnie, Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne in 2004; and now, Hurricane Katrina in 2005

God's message: REPENT AMERICA !

If we still don't get it, presumably God will make the next hurricane actually spell out the letters "REPENT AMERICA". Kind of like really destructive skywriting. I can't wait to see what these dudes say when the Big One wrecks San Francisco and/or Berkeley. Um, assuming I survive.

Tags: Politics, Religion
Comments

I hate the fanatics who do stuff like this. I want them to die. I suppose that just makes me a bad person (or maybe it's just the fact that I feel like crap right now and I'm grumpier than usual), but the world would be better off without them. They have every right to be crazy, but they piss me off enough that I want them to die.

(So Mason, how do you really feel?)

Posted by: Mason | August 30, 2005 7:59 PM

Judging by their rhetoric, they want us to die, so it's only fair.

These are people whose idea of a Supreme Being is quite literally a terrorist with some serious weapons of mass destruction. That such people exist is pretty disturbing.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | August 30, 2005 8:16 PM

So.... what does it say that God sent FIVE major hurricanes just before Bush's re-election, and then this one the year after?

I think God is trying to tell us something, here.

"STOP SCREWING WITH MY ENVIRONMENT, YA DILLHOLES!"

Posted by: Mortaine | August 30, 2005 10:33 PM

There are crazy fanatics in every group of people - they're not restricted to the religious. See: crazy fanatic conservatives, crazy fanatic liberals, crazy fanatic scientists, crazy fanatic patriots, crazy fanatic people who hate crazy fanatic people with undying anger...

Stereotyping groups by their loud, annoying, stupid members is a Bad Thing, mmkay?

Posted by: Mike^2 | August 30, 2005 11:34 PM

I don't know if that comment was meant to be pre-emptive, but I certainly didn't intend any stereotyping with my remarks, and I didn't read any of the commenters that way. I'm speaking out against the idiots that wrote the e-mail I'm quoting in the original post, and the Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell/Fred Phelps types who interpret disasters as divine retribution against American social policy. Certainly I'm aware that many religious people do not share their views.

A substantial fraction of my readers are religious in one way or another, and I try to keep that in mind when I write about religion. Even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | August 31, 2005 12:09 AM

It was supposed to be pre-emptive, yeah. There was a tone in the comments that I found worrying, but maybe I was just tired, since I can't find it anymore. Okay, except for Mason's "grarstabdie" comment. :)

Posted by: Mike^2 | August 31, 2005 9:06 AM

OK, but my "grarstabdie" comment is also about _very specific_ people without attempting to generalize said people.

By the way, I'm glad you have such a high opinion of me.

Posted by: Mason | August 31, 2005 9:53 AM

The problem with that email theory is they forgot the bible belt is tornado alley. Which means God, judging by the behavior of tornados, hates trailor parks.

Posted by: Lanth | September 1, 2005 10:00 PM

I think everybody hates trailer parks. :)

By the way, if you haven't checked out CNN lately, some people have seemingly decided to play live-action GTA in New Orleans (though there didn't seem to be that many details available). This is really quite saddening... people attempting rescue efforts have had to divert their attention (to some degree) because of that stuff. Things were bad enough without that.

Posted by: Mason | September 1, 2005 10:55 PM

The NOLA reports I've seen on various blogs have been horrifying. There's no order at all, and the National Guard and relief workers are totally undermanned. As a country we certainly have the resources to address these issues, so there's really no excuse for it.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | September 1, 2005 11:41 PM