March 3, 2006

Musical exhibitionism

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at March 3, 2006 5:56 PM

If you've ever wanted to look through my CD collection, now you can without even coming to Berkeley. They're sorted by rating, but for some reason the page doesn't display what the rating is. Look at only the unrated albums (via the drop menu) to see what I've picked up recently. I may fill in the other sections of this site later, but music was the easiest to do. (I also don't have my classical music CDs on there.)

Via Lifehacker, who really shouldn't be finding more ways for me to waste time.

Tags: Lists, Music
Comments

Thanks for the CD! I have only listened to the first two songs, but I like what I have heard, and I am going on a road trip next weekend to New Mexico, so I am sure that when going through all of those remote areas where I only get country stations I will listen to quite a few CDs!
Hugs,
Kitkat

Posted by: kitkatkc | March 5, 2006 5:22 PM

Lifehacker, btw, is great. It's very quickly secured a place in my daily data stream.

Looking briefly at your playlist, I finally got off my ass and bought the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on iTMS. Pleasant.

Posted by: Lemming | March 6, 2006 12:32 PM

Lifehacker posts tend to have one of three possible effects on me:
1. I become more productive.
2. I become less productive.
3. I contemplate buying a Mac.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | March 6, 2006 1:35 PM

I find it interesting that, taken in context, numbers 1 and 2 are not, in fact, orthonormal. Rather, they differ by an appreciable margin only in the explicitly stated component.

Recently the boys at PA bought Macs. Tycho has an iMac, and Gabe has a MacBook (the scottish computer!) on the way. The response has been overwhelmingly positive.

I have an iBook right now, which is the computer I cuddle with--on the couch, in bed... *cough* I love it, but not as much as my old powerbook. That was the only machine that I've ever shed tears over--it was such a nice machine to use, and did so much so well.

Actually, I nearly broke my iBook the other day, via a complicated tangle between my laptop bag and a swivel chair creating an inadvertent slingshot of digital doom. Aside from the lid and battery casing being a bit bent, it still works fine. The funny part is that when I got it to work again, I was a little sad--if it died, I'd have a good excuse to buy a new MacBook.

Posted by: Lemming | March 6, 2006 2:55 PM

I will be getting a spiffy new laptop with my start-up money from whichever university is kind enough to offer me a job. Until then, I will wait impatiently.

Posted by: Mason | March 6, 2006 3:13 PM

My Dell laptop is in pretty good shape, so I don't have a compelling reason to switch at the moment. Those Mac Minis are pretty affordable though, I've been tempted to buy one and use it for writing my thesis next year.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | March 6, 2006 4:05 PM

Yeah, though it's really unfortunate that they didn't give the new ones a real GPU--the old ones could actually play games, the new ones can't, even though they've got better stats for the rest of the machine. I've got my own theories on that though (packaging intel gpus -> more favor with intel -> larger alottment of limited yonah production) Intel does have a helluva reputation for dealings along those lines.

I'm watching like a hawk for sales on the old mac minis--as much as I'd love to jump on the intel mac bandwagon, it's just a little too much for me to justify atm.

Posted by: Lemming | March 7, 2006 9:16 AM