April 30, 2006

Coachella, Day 2

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at April 30, 2006 2:19 PM

Coachella, Day 2

Originally uploaded by arcanegazebo.

Coachella: awesome. Today we are starting with Mates of State, then Ted Leo, at the Outdoor Theater. Hopefully I can post this before the network gets flaky--the cell phone infrastructure here isn't quite equipped for this many people.

Tags: Coachella, Concerts, Music, Phone Post, Photos
Comments

"Pardon me, but could you direct me to the Coachella Valley and the great carrot festival, (pant, pant) therein?"

--Bully for Bugs (1953)

Chuck Jones' Bugs Bunny-- you should see it again

Posted by: Katie | May 1, 2006 2:56 PM

Dude, that means my Pismo Beach comment was even better than I thought! (This entry hadn't been posted then, and I didn't consciously recollect a Coachella reference by Bugs Bunny, but it seems I may have subconsciously been led in that direction because I was referring to a similar incident in those cartoons...)

By the way, it's a good thing we didn't duplicate Steve Howe's recent Coachella experience...

Posted by: Mason | May 1, 2006 4:37 PM

Mason- the Pismo Beach reference comes from another Chuck Jones cartoon where Bugs comes up from underground and is not where he anticipated.

I believe that one is from Ali Baba Bunny (1957), where Bugs and Daffy find some buried treasure.

It's famous line is by Daffy Duck:

"Oh no you don't. You want my treasure. Get back in there! Down, down, down, go, go, go, mine, mine, mine! (Evil laugh)"

Posted by: Katie | May 2, 2006 7:15 PM

That is a terrific Bugs Bunny quote. I totally remember both Bully for Bugs and Ali Baba Bunny (although I had forgotten the Coachella reference). Classics.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 2, 2006 9:22 PM

I used that reference because something made me think of ending up in the wrong place and wondering about the correct one. (Gazebo: Do you remember what happened or was said right before I did that?) Still, I think it's very likely that I used this reference (which I specifically remembered) via a subconscious memory of the one that's even more apt.

Posted by: Mason | May 2, 2006 11:35 PM