May 26, 2006

Life imitates Overcompensating

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at May 26, 2006 5:41 PM

On the first leg of my plane trip I was seated next to a guy named Kerry Edwards. Someone alert Jeffrey Rowland that he may have a primary challenge from someone else who is trying to save money on bumper stickers.

Tags: Phone Post, Randomness, Travel
Comments

Wow, this post isn't even close to as neurotic as my recent ones.

And life is all about overcompensating. You know what people say about the size of a man's blog?

Posted by: Mason | May 26, 2006 1:31 PM

It reflects the size of his web server? The girth of his bandwidth?

Posted by: Jolene | May 26, 2006 2:13 PM

I don't know. You know him better than I do. You tell me.

I forgot to add: my inferiority complex isn't even close to as good as Travis's.

Posted by: Mason | May 26, 2006 3:31 PM

Man, I leave the blog for a couple days and when I come back I find that a completely innocuous post is being used to discuss my, um, characteristic lengthscale. Remember that, as we say in superconductivity, it's not the penetration depth that counts, it's the coherence time.

And Mason, if you're looking for neurotic posts you may have to wait until my qualifying exam approaches.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 28, 2006 9:10 PM

How can any post with "overcompensating" in the title possibly be considered innocuous?

Posted by: Mason | May 29, 2006 1:51 AM

Not to be pedantic, but the gerund "overcompensating" isn't in the title; rather, the proper noun "Overcompensating" is in the title, referring to the linked webcomic.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 29, 2006 11:23 AM

Close enough...

Posted by: Mason | May 29, 2006 12:25 PM

Honestly though, "Jeffery Rowland" tops "My penis is small" any day.

Posted by: Lemming | May 29, 2006 2:09 PM

I should also mention that when I read the post, my mind went instantly to snarky remark mode after I saw "Overcompensating" and it never actually occurred to me that the link on the other end of the post was a comic book of that name. (I'm guessing I would have been far less likely to enter this mode had I made this connection.) I also wasn't thinking at the time about what your capitalization conventions are.

Oh yeah, and I've been receiving undue influence from Tim lately.

Posted by: Mason | May 29, 2006 3:39 PM

What I really should have done was link the specific Overcompensating strip I was referencing, but I was posting from my cell phone and had no way to look it up.

Posted by: Arcane Gazebo | May 29, 2006 4:11 PM