July 16, 2006

The SoaP backlash begins

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at July 16, 2006 9:59 PM

In this otherwise misguided article about Snakes on a Plane, there's a familiar-sounding anecdote:

True story: My friend Jenny is in law school, and one of her classmates went to a movie in April. When the coming attractions started, the first image was of dozens of unsuspecting plane passengers sitting in the cabin of an airborne 757. The moment he saw this, the mischievous law student yelled, "Snakes on a plane!" presumably to amuse and unify the other patrons. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a trailer for United 93, which significantly reduced the hilarity of his outburst.

I understand this is not an uncommon occurrence. Anyway, the rest of the article accuses us internet hipsters of claiming an ironic affection for a deliberately bad movie, but this could not be more wrong. I, for one, would like to see some snakes on a plane, and I feel fairly confident that Snakes on a Plane will deliver. I've been hoping to see a Snakes on a Plane trailer at the last few movies I've been to, but no such luck so far.

Tags: Movies
Comments

AG: I assert that you are completely full of crap that anything at all like this could possibly occur to people as intelligent and socially conscious as us!

Posted by: Mason | July 16, 2006 10:32 PM

By the way, now that I've read the article, I can't say that I agree with its author.

I just wanted to write that other comment before Lemming got to it. Throated!

Posted by: Mason | July 16, 2006 10:43 PM

Bitch.

Posted by: Lemming | July 17, 2006 12:04 AM

Damn straight.

On a similar note, go here.

Posted by: Mason | July 17, 2006 12:11 AM

Oh man. *headslap*

My roommate (Anna) had the fortune of seeing the Snakes preview when she saw Pirates 2 last week.

And something here for those who like a more interactive snake experience...

Posted by: Jolene | July 17, 2006 9:21 AM

Totally unrelated to this post:

I saw this and thought of you. :)

Also, I heard that our parents rocked the Tuscan villa in Italy. I'm jealous as all get-out that I couldn't go.

Posted by: Fuzzball | July 17, 2006 12:50 PM