October 31, 2006

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash

Posted by Arcane Gazebo at October 31, 2006 11:58 PM

halloween costume 06, originally uploaded by arcanegazebo.

Recorded for posterity: my Halloween costume for this year, put together from clothes in my wardrobe. I considered the Zombie Johnny Cash version of the costume, but didn't have the time/energy to do the zombie makeup. I did learn chords for "Ring of Fire", "Folsom Prison Blues", and "I Walk The Line", and played them so poorly I might have summoned the real Zombie Johnny Cash.

I went to a small party mostly attended by physics students, where much fun was had and Corpse Bride was watched. From the comments I received, I conclude that I should dress like Johnny Cash every day.

Tags: Life
Comments

Corpse Bride is a very good movie!

Maybe I'll dress up as Devo next year.

Posted by: Mason | November 1, 2006 12:30 AM

Oddly, you look a little more like Ian Curtis to my heathen eye...

Posted by: Narrenschiff | November 1, 2006 2:55 AM

nice threads

Posted by: shellock | November 1, 2006 4:47 AM

Thanks for not playing "Boy Named Sue."

Posted by: JSpur | November 1, 2006 8:49 AM

I think you should have used this pose:

The photo is old, but that version (with the text) was actually used in a full-page ad in... the New York Times, I think? Fairly late in his career, he was completely snubbed by the traditional country recording studios, and signed on instead with what was essentially an rap label. Much success was had, and he took out that ad to "thank" Nashville & company.

Plus, I really want to see that look on your face.

Posted by: Lemming | November 1, 2006 9:23 AM

That's awesome!

Posted by: Stephanie | November 1, 2006 9:27 AM

Ah yes, and of course, all that being said...

Awesome costume.

Posted by: Lemming | November 1, 2006 10:38 AM

Ditto what JSpur said... never one of my favorites...
But I agree about the awesomeness of the costume! Maybe you can get in on the remake of last year's movie about Cash -- they ought to be working on that in a year or two, with the way the studios are turning out remakes!

Posted by: Susan | November 1, 2006 3:36 PM